Friday 17 April 2015

cute cat washi tape holder

 
hi again,

I bet that every single person reading this has washi tapes! I cannot preach it enough, they are the answer to life. I bought 3 new ones yesterday and they're really cute. And then, cos I'm part neat freak, I started thinking, HOW AM I GONNA STORE THESES BABIES??? and then I came up with this. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really proud of myself, because I'm the type of person who will plan to do something cool and then not actually do it. But if you're not that type of person, then GIVE THIS A GO! I promise it will make your life better.




 

HOW TO MAKE IT:


You only need to use half a standard packet of Fimo. I chose to use
white, but you can always use a different colour.

Take about 1/3 of the Fimo you're using and roll it into a big cylinder.
Make sure it fits loosely inside the tape. This will be the torso
 


make 2 longish sausages, and stick them onto the front of the
torso to make arms that will rest on the top of the tapes.
 

roll a large piece of Fimo into a sphere for the head



make 2 small triangles and add them to the head.

Put the cat on a baking tray and bake it in the oven at 110o for 30 minutes.



Measure the amount of.. um.. stick(?)  you need to fit all your tapes on, and paint it a nice colour.
Because my theme for this whole project, was Chinese ornamental cats, I then wrote my name on
it in Chinese characters, but you don't have to do that if you don't want.



Then draw on a face. the baked Fimo won't hold watercolours, so if you want to paint it on,
you'll need to use acrylics. I did it using sharpie and a pink felt tip to colour in the nose. however
you can't use felt tips for the whole face as it will just rub off. I then wrote the Chinese
characters for "creativeness". you don't have to do that either. And now you're done! yay!



I'm really aware that this has been a ridiculously long post but I wanted to give you guys the opportunity to make it as well, it's just so darn cute!

I hope you enjoyed this, and if there are any more "how to makes" that you'd like me to do then just comment!

toodle-do
poppy xx



No comments:

Post a Comment