Sunday 17 May 2015

hellooo,


so yesterday I had another fit of creativeness and a longing for iced tea, and this was the result. I searched in Google a recipe for iced tea, and this was one of the first results which had a high rating, so I decided to give it a go. it was soooo worth it, it is delicious. I have added a few things to the recipe to make it more to my taste, but you can leave them out if you want. Here's how you make it:


ingredients:
2 teabags
2 cups of water
the peel of 1/4 of a lemon/orange
12 teaspoons of sugar

MAKES 12 CUPS
*I say cups not ml because it genuinely depends on sizes of glasses you have*
  

sterilise your bottle before you put anything in it, to get rid of any nasty germies, by pouring boiling water in it. 
 
put 2 teabags in a measuring jug or pitcher and then add the peel from your chosen citrus fruit (I 'spect you could probably use lime instead of lemon or orange if you wanted). I didn't have any lemons, limes or even oranges lying around, cos i'm not exotic enough *sniff sniff* so I used some juice from a jiff lemon instead, which worked just fine. 
 
 
If you pour 2 cups of water straight into the kettle, then you know that when you pour the water into the jug, there is the right amount. once you've boiled the water DON'T POUR IT IN STRAIGHT IN, leave it to sit for about 30 seconds, so that it isn't too hot. then leave it to stew for 5 minutes.*you can add the sugar here if you want*
 
 
then discard the teabags, pour it into bottle, and seal it straight away.
 
 
leave it in the fridge until it is cool. don't drink it before this time unless want a drink that is all lukewarm. If you make this in the summer, you'll especially want it to be nice and cool, so you can also add ice cubes. to serve, you fill the glass about 1/3 full and top up the rest with water. then, add 2 small teaspoons of sugar. I think that next time I make this, I will put the sugar in as it is stewing so that it dissolves better, although I didn't do that for this batch and it's still fine, so don't worry about it! 
 
 
then kick back in the sun and be all tumblr.
 
I hope that if you make this, you enjoy it as much as I did. I think it only keeps for 2-3 days, so I'd drink it sooner rather than later. I already have quite a few ideas for how I could use this handy little recipe, for example a summer tea party. picture lots of cake, iced tea and bunting and fairy lights in the trees.
sounds pretty close to heaven to me!
poppy xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment